You can help end sex trafficking.
Mission 21 relies heavily on the generosity of community members, private donors, and foundations. Your direct support of our programs provides youth survivors with a safe place to connect with others who have similar experiences. People like you make it possible for survivors to be connected to mentors, learn new life skills, apply for health benefits, college or vocational school, and start to build trust. Your donations mean that youth survivors have supportive adults and peers in their life to help them through life after “the life.”
Thank you for being a part of the healing journey for young people in our communities. Your financial contribution is appreciated.
Mission 21 is a 501c3 non-profit organization (Tax EIN #27-3355341). - Mission 21 is on GuideStar
How to apply:
We ask that you answer the following questions to help us learn more about you and your fit with the mission and culture of Mission 21. Essay-style answers, as well as a Cover Letter and Resume, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Mission 21 has been at the forefront of a growing movement to combat the sex trafficking of children locally and throughout the United States. What led you to want to become part of the anti-trafficking movement and what is your understanding of sex trafficking – particularly in the state of Minnesota?
2. What are your priorities in fighting sex trafficking? If you are coming from the for-profit sector, how do your skills and experiences translate to the non-profit world? What about serving at Mission 21 excites you the most for your career and personal life? How will Mission 21 benefit from your leadership?
3. The Executive Director role in every organization requires multi-faceted skillsets and responsibilities. After getting your initial orientation and familiarizing yourself with the organization, what would be your three main priorities? How would you use your past experiences, existing resources, and current network to ensure a smooth transition?
4. Tell us about a time when you had to ask someone for a financial donation for a cause you cared deeply about. How much money did you raise and how did you show appreciation for the contribution? If you have no fundraising experience, how would you go about making an ask for Mission 21 and fostering the relationships with past, current, and future funders of our organization?
5. How would you describe your leadership style? How would you encourage staff? How would you motivate volunteers and inspire those on the outside to support our mission? How would you interact with the Board of Directors to provide the organization with excellent leadership?
6. Tell us about your faith walk with Jesus.
7. Mission 21 is a Christian ministry and promotes its mission grounded in scripture. How would you honor and embrace the Christian foundation of the organization? How do you plan to overcome mistrust that the secular sex trafficking movement that does not always trusts the intentions of faith-based service providers?
You will be notified if you will be invited to participate in an interview.
Thanks for applying to join our team.
To report a tip or connect with anti-trafficking services in your area, contact your local MN Regional Navigator or use the following:
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
If you have information about a missing child or suspected child sexual exploitation, call to report it or visit their website.
National Human Trafficking Resource Center Hotline
The National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC) is a national, toll-free hotline, available to answer calls from anywhere in the country, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year.
Mission 21 can assist you further in making these life saving reports. Call our office at 507-208-4600 and ask to speak to an advocate.
Looking to volunteer to make a difference? Consider joining our team .
Board Member: (Applications due April 9, 2018) Mission 21 is led by a volunteer Board of Directors. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about using their skills, resources and energy in leading the organization. The Board meets one evening a month. Additional time commitments may be required for committee involvement and various projects and events. This is a 3 year commitment.
Community Education: (Ongoing) Mission 21 reaches thousands of people locally in Minnesota and nationally throughout the United States. Our sought after speakers are requested throughout the year to bring awareness to civic groups, faith communities, schools, and professionals working with survivors of sexual exploitation.
The Mission 21 Community Education team is comprised of community volunteers that are committed to raising awareness and recruiting new abolitionist in the movement to end human trafficking in our country and internationally. By joining this team, you will be a part of a movement to bring an end to this human rights violation worldwide.
Fundraising and Event Planning: (Ongoing) Throughout the year Mission 21 hosts events to raise awareness and invite the community to join the fight with financial giving. This team is essential to survivors of sex trafficking to have access to support groups and resources and begin their recovery. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic, goal driven and passionate people to join our fundraising and event planning team. If you are someone who is available to be a part of a team that meets monthly (2nd Tuesday of the month*) and can serve on a 6 month commitment please apply below. We look forward to connecting soon.
- Must be able to pass an international criminal background check.
- Preserve the integrity of the programs and agency.
- Demonstrate commitment to Mission 21’s mission and vision.
- Support overall growth of the agency.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required, including 1 volunteer orientation meeting scheduled quarterly.
- Creative and able to engage a diverse range of needs and learning styles. Reliable.
- Ability to work effectively with and relate to diverse populations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer application proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google Services.
Thanks for applying to join our team. We will contact you soon.
Mission 21 appreciates all community efforts that bring awareness and additional funds to our programs.
We thank you in advance for believing in our mission and fundraising on our behalf so youth survivors have Mission 21 as a resource.
We could not do this work without your help. Financially partnering with us changes the lives of youth survivors.Give Today!